365 Top Ten Lists. This is my project for 2010.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Under Construction ...

Ten Pros and Cons of Having no Discernible Prime Minister.

1. It's like being at home when your parents have gone out. No body is running the joint! Anarchy! Yay!
2. It's a nice break to have nobody to dislike on the highest level. Seems to filter down to the layers below—you can like everyone for a while, until you have to take a phone call at work. Then it's 'bloody people'. Then 'bloody managers'. And then 'their bloody managers'; 'the government'; then ... Which takes me to:
3. It's not so good to have no one to blame on the highest level. You are left hanging with no discernable link between government and 'God'.
4. It's good to have nobody embarrasing us on a global scale. As I get older, the PM's seem to get younger and they seem to look very silly next to more serious and important seeming Heads of State from other places. And this is when I think I am getting to the place where I don't care what other people think.

No comments:

Post a Comment