365 Top Ten Lists. This is my project for 2010.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Under construction ...

Ten People I Could Be Next Year if I Do an Obsession a Month Blog.

1. A Goth.
2. A Cowboy.
3. A Mod.
4. A Burlesque Girl (a la mode de Dita von Teese).
5. Fringe Cool. This is a mode d'etre that I developed for being cool in a way that wasn't. It was what I considered myself and my friends to be. We were into knitting and clothing that was so old that it was almost new again. Problem was, we were also so old that we were new again and now everyone is Fringe Cool. Fringe Cool is environmental, it is op-shop, it is daggy, it is literary. now to be Fringe Cool, we just have to be actual cool. This was the closest I came to an identity based obsession without a blog project. Now to be Fringe Cool I will have to be something that is weirdly alien to me even though I was it before. It's all a little odd.
6. A Beatnik Poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment