365 Top Ten Lists. This is my project for 2010.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Under Construction ...

Ten Books That Refer to Other Books That I Am, or Recently Did, or Soon Will Read.

1. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time (Mark Haddon) refers to James Gleick's Chaos: Making a New Science.
2. Peter Robinson's A Necessary End, refers to another book in my reading pile, The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot.
3. Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson makes a reference to Tolstoy's War and Peace.
4. Ripper by Isabel Allende references my recently finished read Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach. Great book(s).

2 comments:

  1. I own James Gleick's Chaos - bought it when it was first released, can't tell you how many times I've attempted to read it. It s bit like A History of Time, only worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me ages and I don't understand it all, but there is something amazing about it and the characters are too whacky to really be real. I recommend persisting.

    ReplyDelete