365 Top Ten Lists. This is my project for 2010.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Under Construction ...

Ten Things I Found in my Belly Button Space.

* This is a forum in which to place the odd things that I sometimes see, feel or sense. And because they are odd, they need to come from an odd space. I may have been a bit caffeine affected the day I came up with this list. Or, I may not. I'll just tell you the things and you can put together the context—if you can. Explanations at the bottom.

1. A penny farthing, a film crew and a palm tree.
2. A tennis ball.
3. A tram driver and a prayer mat.
4. Moss.
5. A car with furry side mirrors and a giant blow-up man on the back of a truck.


Explanations:
1. In the wee small hours of the morning after night shift, I walked through the palm-tree park and they were filming a man on a penny-farthing. In the pink morning air it seemed weirder than it would ordinarily be.
2. One night when I was doing my insignificant arm exercises, I felt through the floorboards and my bare feet, a feeling like someone was very quickly bouncing a tennis ball on the bottom of the floor. It was kind of spooky. I'm saying it was Bodhi telling me to concentrate on the heavier weight so I don't hurt myself.
3. When the tram stopped at the terminus in South Melbourne, the driver pulled up a little short of the siding. He got out with his prayer mat and faced it toward the rising sun and commenced his conversations with God. The unusual location of his usual activity was surreal in the eyes of the night shift worker.
4. On my way home, again after a night-shift, I noticed a door mat whose threads have been replaced with moss. It was the perfectly normal looking perfectly strange again.
5. One weird vehicle is weird, but two in a single trip to a tram constitute belly-button fodder. The blow-up man kept turning up again too.

No comments:

Post a Comment