365 Top Ten Lists. This is my project for 2010.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Under Construction ...

Ten 'Where was I at noon's.

1. Climbing Stairs outside of Hergen, just after getting lost in a field that, unlike fields are supposed to be (ie. flat), was on a forty-five degree angle to the earth. Hence the forced smile.
2. Scaring sheep in Forden I. As opposed to scared sheep everywhere else in the country. The wearing of rain gear was a great way to keep the rain from actually falling from the sky.
3. Communing with cattle along the Severn River. I was actually petrified because the cattle were on the bull side of cow.
4. Amongst giant leaves along the Montgomery Canal. I was running late and the real ‘where I was’ was actually in a lovely backyard of a café eating cakes and drinking coffee—that would have been a nice photo. This one is an example of the politician chin extension.
5. Relieved after trying to get out of a farm near Halghton Lodge. It was one of those things where the path disappears and you end up alongside someone’s bathroom window unable to work out how on earth you will get out of their property. It is nerve wracking. Can you tell it from my fuzzy face?
6. Lazing in the grass beside the River Dee. This was a lovely walking day. The walking was enjoyable, the scenery lovely, the track off road for the most part, and I was looking forward to being able to have the afternoon off. A break in the walk involved having a lie in the grass. I can’t complain.
7. Cup of tea at Ellesmere Port. (Re-enactment) No one could contemplate the idea that I was walking to Liverpool. It was at least ten or fourteen miles to go! Okay, may not make it then seeing as I have already come three hundred odd.
8. Eating lemon brulee in a café in Liverpool. (Re-enactment) Lucky I could eventually get someone to serve me!
9. Amongst the crowd at the Highton pub. (Re-enactment) This was weird. One minute I was waiting at the pub for it to open; the next there were eight hundred other people also waiting. The food was not that good!
10. Waiting for a train at Liverpool Railway Station. (Re-enactment) I’m done. Wow. That was hard work. Need to check what is happening with my ankle and make sure my pack is a lot, lot lighter next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment