365 Top Ten Lists. This is my project for 2010.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ten Magic Millions Horses Picked for their Names (and why) as a Time Passing Exercise at Work.

1. Esbend. (Hee, hee. Toilet Humour)
2. Power of Ed. (Sounds like a weird type of Maths) (Winner)
3. With Apologies. (Makes me think the owners never thought it was ever going to win and they are sorry to any punters who may decide to put a bet on it. I wished it well.)
4. Albert the Fat. (This is either a really unfortunate moniker for a King, or a horse that, again, needs all the support it can get because there is no way a fat horse is going to win. Is there?)
5. Seesawing. (I love seesawing.)
6. Temple of Boom. (It just sounded like a good title for a movie.)
7. Red Belly Black. (Alliterating, it trips nicely across the keyboard.)
8. Walking or Dancing. (Both good things to do. This horse will possibly do either and in fact it did the latter.) (Winner)
9. Blue Jupiter. (It's like space and juniper berries in a single name.)
10. Hindsight. (In the end, we would put money down if we had this wouldn't we?)

Turns out that had I put money down I would have come out in front. But, if I had put money down, would the results have been the same?

1 comment:

  1. Re No. 4 Albert the Fat - suspect this is a reference to Fat Albert, cartoon character and the name of the show from the 70s.

    I love it when references to cartoons from my childhood pop up in odd places b/c it makes me feel like I have a special connection with the person who did it. Its one of the reasons I love Family Guy, although Family Guy is propbably not such an odd place for references to cartoons to pop up. It does however makes me wonder what I have done with my life b/c I am not in a position to do the same for complete strangers halfway around the world.

    ReplyDelete