365 Top Ten Lists. This is my project for 2010.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ten Ways You Know Aqua Crew was Working on Any Particular Day.

* Aqua is my work crew. Disaster finds us every time—we were working for each of the following days. It tends to raise the call volume somewhat, as you can imagine. I sometimes think where I work is literally Hell and, a la mode of Dante, Aqua is the forth (out of four) level, and I am not sure what I did to get there.

1. Melbourne gets hit by a super-cell hail storm that smashes windows and car windscreens, floods roads and houses, and puts everyone in the dark at three in the afternoon.
2. It's Black Saturday.
3. Melbourne has its Storm of the Century.
4. A few days later Melbourne has the Storm of the Century II.
5. Melbourne rocks in an earthquake.
6. Melbourne rocks in another earthquake.
7. A man throws his child off the Westgate Bridge.
8. Crimestoppers urges anyone who has seen a white van to call Triple Zero. Do you know how many white vans there are in Melbourne?
9. Zombie Shuffle. On the whole they're well behaved, but they sure are mucking up traffic.
10. Six youths break out of a high security facility and go on a bit of a rampage. Three million Melbournians believe they have seen them down the street.

4 comments:

  1. What's Aqua? Is it short for Aquaman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I kid you not, the word verification for my comment above was "fishi".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever sleep? Aqua is my crew at work. Disaster finds us everytime. I sometime think where I work is literally Hell and, a la mode of Dante, Aqua is the forth (out of four) level of Hell and I am not sure what I did to get there. But thats just on a day when I am being dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I generally sleep from 1am until 11am with a couple of feeds in the middle somewhere.

    Not sure how to break this pattern.

    You sound like you need something cheery. Google Spongebob Squarepants, just looking at him makes me feel good. I did this but got sidetracked on this blog which is also worth a read, although I had to fight the urge to write long comments on why they are wrong (nothing worse than one who has been recently converted)
    http://donthavekids.wordpress.com/2009/07/

    ReplyDelete