365 Top Ten Lists. This is my project for 2010.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Ten Strange Stickers Stuck up at Work and Why They Oddly Seem to Pertain to Me.

* Someone at work has mad possession of a Dymo. Stickers appear randomly around the workplace. It's become a game/obsession. Oddly, they always seem to have something to do with me—and I am not now talking about how your starsigns in the paper always seem completely accurate, this is really, spookily, me-focused. I think I may have a stalker.

1. 'Bodhi'. We had just had a door installed at work. L— said to me: 'The door is named after Bodhi'. I thought that the company who installed it may perhaps be Bodey & Doyles Automatic Doors Inc. But no, there was a little adhesive sticker with my dog's name adhered to our automatic button. I started to wonder. How many people knew about the Bodhster? Quite a few. Investigation was required.
2. Shellii. Twice, one for each 'i' maybe.
3. Hugger mugger. We now know that although this means confusion or disorder, it also means secrecy and clandestine, so its a double whammy: revealing a possible secret that may apply to me and another person who can't be named and may be the above mentioned stalker, who may be in the same place that the stickers are, and, the favourite pizza of a couple I intimately know. This is a masterfully devious sticker-person.
4. Max Brenner. The bald man. A chocolate love story. The mixed emotions of chocolate. Max Brenner is a euphemism for a relationship (small r). And it's scary when they know what you order.
5: Free to try, five to buy. This one has had internal appearance and continues to have an external appearance. I see it every time I walk over the bridge. The stickers are now graffiti art—and ironic at that as the artist once spent an inordinate amount of time taking down stickers placed around town by a fellow guerrilla sticker-man. There is still one down along the bike path in Docklands. A donut with a crown on top and a bite mark on the side. See if you can find any others and I'll pass on their locations. See if you can find the bridge.
6. Free Praline Sample. This turned up on the sugar bowl and was removed rather quickly. Praline is about seventy-three percent sugar so I don't know what the fuss was about.
7. Irregular Choice/NYC-LON/Melb? Poor sweet graffiti artist! I had to pull this one off the wall straight away and stick it in my list book because I had just spent thirty animated minutes of break-time extolling on the virtues of Irregular Choice to anyone and everyone who would listen. I would have revealed who the receiptee of the graffiti art was, and it would poss have been short shrift to then work out the identity of the artist.
8. Small (r). The artist is getting funnier. He’s … oops, that’s an odd assumption isn’t it? … getting postmodern. Could he write my thesis on his dymo please?
9. The Do-Bee. The do-bee is that all purpose word for every occasion. I always know what it means. Do you?
10. Big (r). Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment