365 Top Ten Lists. This is my project for 2010.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ten Pieces of Good Advice and Inspiration from Dr Suess.

* My Dr Suess advice comes all from one place—Oh, The Places You'll Go. Far and above the best Dr Suess book of them all. And not nearly, ever so nearly, scary as The Cat in The Hat Comes Back. That book just freaks me out, always has.

1. You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself
    any direction you choose.
2. I'm sorry to say so
    but, sadly, it's true
    that Bang-ups
    and Hang-ups
    can happen to you.
3. Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find,
    for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.
4. I am afraid that some times
    you'll play lonely games too.
    Games you can't win
    'cause you'll play against you.
5. All Alone!
    Whether you like it or not,
    Alone will be something
    you'll be quite a lot.
6. On and on you will hike.
    And I know you'll hike far
    and face up to your problems
    whatever they are.
7. So be sure where you step.
    Step with care and great tact
    and remember that Life's
    a Great Balancing Act.
8. And will you succeed?
    Yes! You will, indeed!
    (98 and 3/4 per cent guaranteed.)
9. KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!
10. So ...
     be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
     or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
     you're off to Great Places!
     Today is your day!
     Your mountain is waiting.
     So ... get on your way!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, I'm a virgo, I can't let this go ...

    Advise is the verb.
    Advice is the noun.

    ReplyDelete